Friday! What a surprise. What a welcome surprise. Our plan is to have a restful Shabbat – no, they are not all restful! – and chill out on our own, in between a couple of trips to shul. Of course, ‘trip’ rather overstates it, given we have never lived so close to our house of prayer; we can almost roll out of bed, do a hop, skip, and jump, and be grabbing a siddur from the shelves.
But before any such spiritual encounters – and the Friday night service is often a wonderful, spiritually uplifting experience – there are some mundane, earthly matters to be dealt with. Like links. So here you go:
- Demise of the Palestinian authority is only a matter of time (Arguable, but interesting analysis.)
- Humans Are Slamming Into Driverless Cars and Exposing a Key Flaw (And you won’t believe what the flaw is.)
- Hypocritical @UNRWA extends contract of “youth ambassador” who sings of violence (Surprise!)
- Roman Polanski, 10 other Hollywood Jews open up about surviving Holocaust
- Viktor Orbán, the man responsible for the statue honoring the antisemitic Bálint Hóman