Living outside of Israel, one of the issues facing observant Jews is the two day yomtov. One of the advantages of making aliyah, is that you can put that behind you (except for Rosh Hashanah, which is two days everywhere in the world). But every so often, the calendar conspires to combine and remind you what it’s like to endure the two day yomtov. Like this weekend: we have Shabbat, then immediately after, Shavuoth. In short (ha!) a two day yomtov. Not my favorite experience.
Meantime, here are the regular weekly set of links for you. Enjoy.
- Archbishop admits Muslims persecute Christians, but blames the messenger
- Electronic car door locks stopped working
- Ernst & Young Israel unionizing
- Israel’s top diplomat tells colleagues ‘entire land is ours’
- Reflections on contemporary antisemitism in Europe
Shabbat Shalom! Chag Sameach!