It is terrific to have another rest day off before the return to work. Even if Friday – especially during the early start months – is a bit of a strange day, dealing with loose ends is a better way of getting ready for work than going straight from holiday mode to desk mode. Unfortunately for those observant Jews in the diaspora, they are enduring a three day chag and will not surface until motzei Shabbat. That is tough. For some, that alone is a reason to make aliyah!
I have not shirked my scheduled posting duty, so you will find a range of links for your interest, to kick the weekend off with something serious, sad, smile-inducing, or strange.
- Back to the future as vinyl album sales soar
- High food prices not retailers’ fault
- It’s the settlements, stupid
- Over 48 million Americans live in poverty
- Strange US security flip flop needs to be explained