Susan’s back from a wee excursion abroad. Best news of the week. (That and the wee addition to the whisky collection that she kindly brought me…) But there was other good news: for example, a new gamer joined the regular gaming group, the Mets continued to play above .500, J Street failed in their bid for membership in the umbrella organization of American Jews – the Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations, Intel announced a whopping investment in Israel, and Jay Leno announced he’s coming to Israel. How’s that journey from the sublime to the ridiculous?!
Getting back to business, here are the regular set of Friday links as we get ready for Shabbat, Yom Hazikaron, and Yom Ha’atzmaut:
- Arab writers: learn from Israel
- BBC on (bad) form again, again, and again
- Goodness gracious, great bits of ham – acting
- Middle East Peace Run kicks off in Lebanon
- Wikileaks admits: “We advised Snowden to flee to Russia.”