Warning: this may not be politically correct.
- Egypt: a political and economic mess. At least – so far – the bodycount is low.
- Syria: a bloody, political, and economic mess.
- Lebanon: a political and economic mess. At least – so far – the bodycount is low, and there has been no military coup.
- Jordan: an accident waiting to happen?
- Iraq: how bad can “bad” be?
- Gaza: can you say “beacon of democracy?” Thought not.
And now, today’s special assignment. You are asked to discuss the following:
This House believes that what the world needs now – what the world really needs now in this part of the world – is another state. Or, to put it another way: peace, prosperity, happiness, and the progress of humanity will all be achieved by establishing a Palestinian state, now.
How can you fail to agree with that reasonable proposition?