A week composed of holiday, chag, fast, and work, has now set itself up to wind down for the weekend. Hooray! Then we will move on to phase two of work, fast, and work! There’s nothing quite like the times of the Yamim Noraim. And then there’s Sukkot…
Enough of the diversions of a spiritual nature; they will come when their time is due. For now, I offer the usual weekly selection of links. I hope you get something out of them.
- Astronomy pictures of the year
- Attorney General puts kibosh on Gal Hirsch for top cop
- Deri threatened to topple government over rabbinical judge appointments
- From exile, a divisive figure rattles Palestinian politics
- New York Times employs veteran of anti-semitic hate site
Bonus! Bonus! Bonus! What’s more, it’s an Irn-Bru Bonus!
This week, I couldn’t resist posting the following link. It takes you to a story that hits several, er, sweet spots, including technology and Irn-Bru. Yes, Irn-Bru: