Because of Shavuoth (Sunday) this was a short work week, making it seem like an even faster sprint to the weekend. And it was also the week of Susan’s birthday which we celebrated with a night out at Sarah-Lee & Tomer’s cinema. We saw The Judge, a feisty little film about family, law, loyalty, and death. Unfortunately, the death part has been a bit of a theme this week, with some all too early tragic losses occurring. May those families be spared sorrow for many years to come.
Whatever happens, as we quickly learn, life goes on. The world does not stop. So, I won’t try and resist that tide. As usual, I offer the following mix of links to mark the arrival of the weekend. Have a good one.
- Ancient temple burned by mistake
- Evil, rich Jews, forced to use subterfuge to buy ruins
- Iran hardliners crack down on freedom of speech
- New York Times deserves a red card
- The future is a cardboard box