This has been a difficult week, because of the sudden death of my friend Marcus. There have been good moments among the sadness. But it has been hard. And as hard as it has been for me, it must be so much harder for the family. My heart goes out to Raymonde, Roxanne, and Yan. May they be spared sorrow for many years to come.
In the end, I decided I would do the usual weekend set of links. If nothing else, I want to draw a line under the week and move on. I will always remember Marcus, his smile, cheery disposition, and enlightening personality, even though I return to the circle of life and the hurly burly of the world outside, as evidenced by the following:
- BBC’s Yolande Knell ditches any sense of impartiality
- Corruption hampers efforts to rebuild Gaza
- Modern Muslim Mechanical Marvels
- Secular activist campaigns for access to Temple Mount
- Underworld bomb maker arrested en route with his infant son