On the first day of chol hamoed Pesach, I had a fun (and game) filled day in Jerusalem, courtesy of Nadine and the Jerusalem Games Group.
I played games of Hansa Teutonica, Alhambra, La Citta, and Stone Age. I met some new gamers, and enjoyed myself.
- There is something special about gamers and Pesach packed lunches.
- It’s the first time I remember breaking off in the midst of a gaming session to daven mincha!
- With our takeaway order from the local Black’s Burgers, they delivered a large syringe filled with chocolate. How does that go with burgers, schnitzel, or chikcen wings? Bizarre.
- I tried out a new strategy in Hansa. It didn’t work.
- I tried out a new game: La Citta. I could see me playing this again.
- I tried out another new game: Stone Age. I could not see me playing this again, unless I figure out a way to roll better dice. At least I can blame my poor performance on the die rolling, though!
Good times. Thanks again to Nadine for hosting, and for all the gamers being such a good crew.